Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A time of change is upon a lot of us.  As I type this, Lorn is on her way to Texas of all places to begin her new journey as a private trombone teacher. Along with a faithful sidekick, our mutual friend Chris, they will set up their apartment and begin their journey together. Everyone that we went to school with, all of our good friends are scattered now. Germany, Colorado, Maryland, Georgia, Michigan, Illinois, Iceland, Canada the list goes on. It's sad at times. We had all shared such a grand time together and saw a lot of triumphs and tragedys, but all learning expieriences as they unfolded at the University of Wisconsin. I won't get to see them much anymore, me in New york, or wherever I will be in the next week or two. I guess it has come to that time though. More like that obligatory time in high school where everyone gets all sappy and cries and stuff. That never really happened to me. I was ready to get the hell out of their. High school wasn't good or bad, it was just four years where I studied a lot and smoked some weed here and there. It really didn't leave anything profound on me aside from some great long-term friendships I have held. If I took anything away from high school it's that my friend Tim and I, together, have one of the most incredible imaginations. That, and I know how muscles work by the sliding of actin and myosin filaments against each other. Ultimately though, college was the time where I made friends and created those bonds. I am not going to say they were the best times of my life. That would short change the rest of my life, which hasn't happened yet and honestly, I want to have a kick ass life. So, really what I want to say is that from college till death was the best time of my life. I am going to hold everyone to that. Of course there were bad times. Like, when Lorn and I had fights. Or, when Griffin, Ian, Tony and I got in that really weird fight and Griffin got a fat lip two weeks before his recital and I got punched in the head. Not as bad as Griffin, but it really fucking hurt. Oh yeah, there was that crazy 4th of July where Lorn and I got mugged for a lawn chair by a drunk guy and he sprained my wrist. Those were the crappy times. Numerous good times shine through though. So, this has in essence become a very sappy post on the evolution of a post collegiate lifestyle. That, being a fancy way of saying a bunch of artists and shit growing up and trying to make a living at what they think they want to do. Honestly, I ownly hold any sort of fear for the thought of never talking to these people again. I know that we will all be successful when we finally find our niche. It's hard to be afraid when you have just graduated, you have a little money, an idea and nothing to hold you back except the impending fear of student loans. So, really I have just turned this into a big sap-fest. I apologize. When Lorn asked me to guest blog I don't think she wanted this. The last few days have been weird so I will try to work on something utterly hilarious or at least insightful for tomorrow. That way I won't feel like a tool and perhaps someone will recieve some sort of entertainment...or, at least some sex.