Sunday, August 01, 2004

don't mess with texas

Here I am in the wonderful city of Plano, TX, having traversed the country in three days driving, all my shit in the trunk, to start over and figure stuff out.

Hey, my apartment's nice.

We don't have much furniture but it's pretty cool. Garage sales are the greatest, and Plano's got some doozies (there are ridiculously nice neighborhoods here). I have a bed, which is all I really need, and some groceries, so I can stay alive by eating and sleeping at the very least.

Waiting to hear back about the jobs. It might be a week or two before I really get started, as right now is busy marching band camp season and school doesn't start for another couple of days. No matter, I'll get to know the place and find my way around. Keep me away from Target though, because I'm spending all my savings.

Chris and I are going to have a blast. Already we've got 8 gazillion new private jokes and have reminisced about practically every Madison memory we can think of. More of this will be done when Jason gets into the state, and we all get trashed and loll around on the floor of my giant apartment.

Speaking of alcohol, Plano is in a dry county, so you can't buy hard liquor around here. You have to drive over to the next town, Richardson, which is in Dallas county, to get that stuff. You can buy beer and wine, but not liquor. Hm.

Chris and I took DART into Dallas today and walked around the West End, a fashionable historic district. It was pretty cool. The Sixth Floor Museum is there, which is in the building that the assassination of JFK took place. It was rather touching, but I think I'll save a trip up to the actual museum until my parents visit, or something.

Anyway, I'm at the library. We get internet in two weeks, so until then I will post whenever I get a chance with updates and tidbits. Thanks to Jerry for guestblogging, you're the greatest babe. The greatest, I say! :)