Tuesday, August 03, 2004

phew

Chris and I were getting kind of worried that it would be a while before we began actually working, with money involved, and I know at least I was a little hesitant to say anything good about the place until I knew I wouldn't just be flat broke for a month. Well, yesterday we started as marching band techs for a high school band camp, 90 degree heat, humidity and all.

Turns out the new marching guy/assistant band director at the school is a friend of Chris's from Madison Scouts, and he's also mm mm good looking. Heh. We've helped out with marching rehearsals and today I ran a sectional. I can never tell if teenage boys genuinely think I'm amusing, or if they're just making fun of me. Any thoughts from my teenage readership?

So, with some money on its way to my pocket and an activity to keep me busy (even if I curse the bloody Texas mosquitos, the biggest I've ever seen), I can say that this is going to be a good place to be, at least for a year or two. I think I'll learn a lot, and make some valuable friends in the music business. My doubts and fears are relieved for the time being.

Thanks for the comments, bitches. :)