Tuesday, March 07, 2006

i was so mad!

Today is a very misanthropic day for me, I'm afraid. Or perhaps it's the catalyst for something greater, who knows? My inner activist is ready to burst, if:

1. One more person makes a sexist comment, whether intentionally or not, or tells a sexist story and expects me to find it funny. ESPECIALLY in light of the abortion ban in South Dakota.
2. I see someone THROW AWAY paper or soda cans or anything else that is recyclable, whether out of ignorance or laziness.
3. People continue to complain about how busy/tired/stressed they are, wasting MY class time.
4. I find someone who still trusts the Bush administration.
5. People continue to think of their lives in terms of limitations, ie I could never do that, it's too hard! or I'm glad that's not line of work, geez! Because, people? You could do it if you tried. You could do it well. The difference is, you don't want to, but that doesn't mean you can place a wall between yourselves and those that do.

And don't even get me started on the uber-religious, entitlement issues crowd.

It's a good day for Ani Difranco piping through my stereo.