Monday, April 30, 2007

i could justify being an asshole, but i think i'll just ride my bike instead

Now that my orals are done, the remainder of my school obligations for the semester are the kinds of things one normally does at the end of a semester: perform juries and write papers. No sweat, right? (Sheesh, I do need to get started on that paper though)

I'm really looking forward to this summer. I've got a job, so I won't be completely bored and broke, and I've got some excited trips lined up. I'll be in Colorado for two weeks at the end of July- one week for Summit and the other for Crested Butte, which I'm attending as a member of the Jazz Repetory Ensemble. May 14th I'm headed out to ABQ for the first meeting of my quintet- I've been looking forward to this for months. Tim and Al and Megan and brass quintet and beer! What could go wrong?

I learned a lot about people this weekend, which I could muse about at length. However, the encroaching summer and the lessening of responsibilities has changed my attitude to one more about having fun and not worrying about these people. I won't be around them in the fall. The people I want to keep close will stay close because they feel the same way.

And I am now opening applications for a summer fling. Interested parties please apply in person by May 31st.