Friday, April 16, 2004

this was going to be a special "first-ever" blog

but it just didn't work out that way. It was going to be the "First ever Blog from Workplace" entry. My computer time was hijacked by a coworker (who didn't know what a blog was, in fact, seemed to be surprised that you in fact can read things on the internet at all...) who was playing this stupid Tanks game obsessively, and making much ado about it. Anyway, enough about that.

Did I mention my job is easy? Here's what I did today on my 8-2:30 shift:
-Emptied trashcans
-Watched coworker play annoying badly animated flash game
-Escaped to the basketball court and practiced my freethrow (all this talk of ball has made me anxious to play--it's about that time for the Tuba-Euph softball game/cookout with violent basketball bonus time and this is the first time in four years I shan't be going...)
-Read some articles in Bitch
-Half an hour lifeguarding
-Examined the contents of the first aid kit. This first aid kit is struggling harder than Bush at a press conference. Let us put food on your family. And no band-aids. Also, baffled by presence of two bottles of meat tenderizer.
-Walked to local strip mall for lunch
-Half an hour lifeguarding
-Talked to different coworker about mutual acquaintances the Loomis family. Megan, this is Aaron Gallant, who claims to be a good friend of your brother. Did he go waterskiing with us that one time?
-And...done.

House is nice and quiet, empty, wonderful. I'm off to the grocery store to stock up, and also get ingredients for the deliciously alcoholic sounding sangria for which Erica has given me a recipe. I'll be packing it in early tonight so I can be up at the buttcrack of dawn to head to Fullerton. Hell, I'm already tired. Maybe I'll just go to bed after dinner.