Thursday, March 23, 2006

crap!!

So I send out email to the parents of my private students telling them when they owe what, etc., and I was doing so yesterday in a fairly standard manner. The only difference is I was a little confused on my records post-spring break- having been removed from it for a while and not entirely clear on the details. So I sent off an email to a parent believing they owed me $15 when in fact they don't owe me anything. Normally most people let this clear up very easily, but I always get the feeling these particular parents think I'm trying to screw them out of money or something. Which is most definitely not true, although I am pretty hardcore these days about making people pay me for every cent of my valuable, I-sat-in-traffic-for-an-hour-and-a-half-to-teach-your-sorry-ass time.

Anyway, I screwed up, I thought I was right and defended myself, and then realized I was completely wrong and now have to grovel to make up for it. arrrgh. I really like teaching this student, so let's hope they understand.

Crap! I know it's not a big deal, but oh hell.