Sunday, September 24, 2006

i call on you in class

First off, I'm feeling shitty and worn out after taking one for the (drinking) team this weekend, but I had a great time. Last night we started early and held a little Oktoberfest at our house, replete with delicious German beer and the playing of tuba music on the stereo. I did this even with a scratchy throat and rampant dizziness because not only is Oktoberfest a tasty holiday, we were also venturing out to the Mingo Fishtrap show to get our awesome live music quota filled. Seriously. Go see this band. (Thes first time I saw them...oh man. I love that story.)
[Edit: This was yesterday, Sunday, but I didn't get around to posting it because I couldn't finish it. I kept having to go back to bed and nap. Arrgh.]

Okay, on to your requests!
Jerry:
1. You twitch in your sleep like no one else. It's like all that dancing you won't do at concerts has to get out somewhere...
2. Read Pamie's new book and tell me how it is.
3. Navy blue/ dark greenish-blue (look at our first SAI dance picture)
4. I love how everything good I remember about our time together is associated with music- how feelings still get evoked for me because of a certain song or album. I owe that to your outstanding, varied, and uninhibited musical taste.
5. PMA and SAI helped with a new music student picnic, and I noticed you were cute. Beatriz kept challenging me to grab your ass. She's an evil one, that Bea, but not without foresight. :)
6. You want a mineral, huh? Okay...uh...calcium. You're good for me. And also that Andrew Bird song I quoted before.
7. I have so many questions to ask you, but not one appropriate for a live forum. So I'll just ask, What's on your mind, sweets?

Jason:
1. I think I've seen you in your undawears more often this summer than even people I've been sexually involved with for longer periods of time. I feel I should get some kind of reward for that.
2. Try a new recipe to add to your cooking repetoire. I have plenty to suggest.
3. Badger cardinal, of course.
4. I like that you are always ready for an adventure. I'm glad too that I'm feeling more up to joining you on them this semester, because so far it's been a blast.
5. You invited me to a party at the Wilson house my freshman year, but I declined to go because it was snowing and I was still a wimp about those kinds of things. You looked so disappointed I wanted to go out and rent snowshoes just to get there and party with you.
6. A raccoon- because you like to dig through trash. heh heh.
7. So if I win the Dirty Bird for August, do I get the trophy in my room?

B-dogg:
1. One day I came home to find you and Emilykins laughing about eating what appeared to be little hedgehog turds, but what ended up being some sort of carmelized sugary confection gone wrong. To this day, I still laugh at your cooking adventures.
2. What kind of music are people listening to in Germany? Make me a mixtape (it doesn't have to be real, just a list).
3. Charcoals and warm tones- like purplish-red (which for some reason I can't think of the proper name for).
4. I like how you always manage to get the truth out of me, even when I'm lying to myself, or keeping something from being a reality for me. You are perceptive and you read people extraordinarily well.
5. We'd already been friends for a while, but my clearest memory is when it was just the two of us in the Henry house and we had no furniture to speak of, so we rolled around on my desk chair and played with toy tractors. Good friggen times.
6. I hate this question...it's too hard to take seriously. Um...you remind of honeydew melons...you were always looking for a good one.
7. Do you think you will stay in Germany indefinitely, or are you making plans to move elsewhere?

Kris-to-pher
1. I think you might like Ani Difranco even more than I do, which means you like her quite a friggen lot.
2. Get that bicycle, or a bicycle. I already know you want to. Just do it. :)
3. Michigan blue
4. I can always count on you for conversation and for learning something new. I like that we can help each other through our drunken Tarot card readings even though they're shitty fortunes.
5. Earliest cleariest memory, hmm? I think when we went to see Brokeback Mountain in Plano. I'm pretty sure I laughed the whole trip down even though you scared the hell out of me with your Michigan driving.
6. Sweet potato
7. Are you happier with your new job, even though your schedule is very full?

Manoj:
1. I am eternally grateful for being introduced to the Clay Pit in Addison by you. Yum. :)
2. Blogging.
3. warm tones- brown, green, blue
4. I like that you are so matter-of-fact. There's no bullshitting you, you simply just won't let me.
5. Hmm...sitting in Borders drinking chai, talking about how you went to see the Vagina Monologues, and other intriguing topics.
6. arrrgh. I dunno. a carrot?
7. Just where in the hell are you living now? Are you still in Texas?

Day:
1. You have a knack for strange situations that turn out to be a blast (see: going to A Woman's Touch with Ben and Jason and me to pick out vibrators).
2. Go see one of Ryan Smith's shows in NYC, and tell me how it is. You can google him or the band Scattershot, I think.
3. purples
4. You look for knowledge in everything, and you expand the knowledge of the people around you just by being so enthusiastic about it. You think about things carefully and yet you still listen to your heart.
5. Was the party where we talked about hair dye at Issac's? And you and Heidi argued with me that you couldn't see the purple in my shirt? That was an interesting party.
6. A cat, of course.
7. What's your favorite thing about NYC so far? What do you think it will take you ages to get used to?

Sheena
1. You remind me of all the things I like about the midwest and the people there. Therefore, it's very refreshing to see you when I get back to visit. :)
2. Find some good bars in DC. I will be there in March with an Alaskan, and Missourian, and a Texan, and we all like to drink.
3. Sunny yellow
4. I like how you are sensible and organized. I am so impressed at your recent move- I think it's one of the bravest things I've had a friend do. I hope you are enjoying it so far.
5. Helping you pledge (join? member-in-trainingerize?) SAI was when I first got to know you well. Sitting in the lounge and chatting and seeing you get excited about what you were joining.
6. a panda bear. I don't know why.
7. What do you want to do with your arts management experience?

Gabe the Girl Wonder:
1. You have all sorts of random things about you. I think it's neat.
2. Take some time to get out into nature, when you have lots on your mind, and learn to enjoy it.
3. Green, of course.
4. I think I've seen a lot of change in you since we first met. It's good stuff, too.
5. Halloween 04 staying up late playing the question game, and getting annoyed at each other. :)
6. an apple- even though you're allergic to them, maybe that's why.
7. When are we ever going to find a friggen quartet name??!?!

Phew. That took forever.