Tuesday, January 16, 2007

a meme-as requested by day

5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me (drumroll please)

1. I haven't cried about anything in about eight months or so, that I can remember. This includes some rough territory: breakups, fucked-up love affairs, a shitty fall semester, and death. I think it's not that I'm holding it back or that I'm not feeling as emotional about things as I used to, but instead that my penchant for angst and drama is lessening. It takes a fair amount to get me worked up and I'm in better balance overall.
2. I really like the smell of chlorine water, especially on myself if I've been swimming.
3. I have recently learned to love the avocado. A lot.
4. I want an old, small, crowded house with lots of trees surrounding it, in place that gets real live winter, and I want to be able to sit looking out a window with a cat on my lap and books and books waiting to be read.
5. Lately I have been very attracted to sort of rugged, intense guys, like Luke from Gilmore Girls. Which is weird mainly because I have a fierce opposition to the feel of stubble on my skin.