Saturday, March 10, 2007

either you don't have the balls or you don't feel the same

Let's make a comparision, shall we? Let's compare MEN to BOYS.

In my estimation, a MAN interested in someone (let's say for the purposes of this post that it is a WOMAN) does not beat around the bush. He is friendly and attentive and makes a point to find out when he will see her next.

A BOY will, in contrast, tend to ignore and/or lead on the WOMAN whether or not he is interested.

A MAN, if he is not interested but knows the WOMAN is, will make sure that she knows he doesn't feel the same, and that he still respects her.

A BOY, if not interested, will refuse to touch the issue and let the WOMAN deal with her own resulting insecurities and disappointments on her own.

A MAN does not play games or hard to get.

Neither does this WOMAN, and I am sick of it. I don't want to play games. I want this to be straightfoward. I like you, you like me, let's get together and iron out the details. If you haven't realized yet that I'm pretty much the cat's fucking proverbial pajamas, well then either open your eyes or get out of my way. I know what I want, I'm a big kid. I've been shaped and molded by my experiences up to this point, will continue to be so, and will also continue to act and think accordingly. I am doing everything I do for a reason. There is room for negotiation, but you need to be honest with me about what you want. Please honor me with this one simple thing.