Tuesday, January 20, 2004

hans! hans has a blog!

Or a livejournal, but whatever. Beware, it is very blue. You are warned -I will not be held responsible for impending eye injuries.

This is particularily exciting for me, as I am a great admirer of Hans' body of work (most of which has been sent to me via email with the admonishment "please don't hate me forever and boycott all my future plays if it's bad" attached to it) and he is the creme-de-la-creme of witty. For those of you who don't know, Hans and I have been AIM buddies for...ooh goodness, five years? Since I broke up with Dave, maybe (a historic moment here: that's probably the first time I've used my breakup with Dave as a marker). We met when we were young and fantastically obsessed with the musical Les Miserables. We went through a brief period of flirt, to be replaced by an awkward understanding of each other's psyches.

Thankfully, we are no longer fantastically obsessed with Les Miz, but I can say that we are still young. These days I sincerely look forward to my chats with Hans, because I know I will a)laugh, b)discuss juicy romantic events, or c)have all of my value systems and fragile knowledge of politics shattered into nothingness. Also, when talking to Hans I find myself rapidly exhausting my vocabulary list of big words like "fantastically" and "admonishment."

Do Hans and I have plans to meet in the future? Who knows: perhaps someday I will write the score for his musical, or edit his first novel. And we will dance ribbon-clad in a field of blue daisies. Amen.

"Como cambien la gente"- la madre de Hans