Sunday, January 18, 2004

popcorn teeth

I love popcorn and all, but I always have to floss after I eat it. Since the braces trauma of high school (nothing like being the loser whose senior picture is a flash of metalmouth), I've been pretty obsessive about keeping my teeth clean. Plus, playing trombone with gritty teeth is just no fun. Popcorn shell stuck in my molars is like water torture to me. I find myself constantly straining my tongue to reach those wedged skins and ending up doing nothing but shoving them farther back into the recesses of teeth. Lord. Therefore, this time I have immediately gone for the floss, to prevent tongue soreness.

I slept late today after a relaxing night with Natalie-we watched Lovely and Amazing, which was quite good, funny, depressing, and heart-warming all at the same time. We got a kick out of how Jake Gyllenhaal seems to be the indie films version of Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate-playing all these jail bait roles. And Catherine Keener shows up again as her usual self. All in all, a good movie.

My goal for the next two weeks is to practice at least 3 hours a day, more if possible, and I will rigidly make sure I do this. I was practicing a lot before, but I think only for short periods and the result is that my stamina is lacking. So three hour sessions or two hour and a half sessions a day is my resolution. And, as usual, that's what I should be doing instead of blogging. Adieu, mon beau ami.