Monday, January 19, 2004

lorn decides she loves this vegetarian thing

(and not a word about the orange chicken, jerry).

I love if it only that it means I have discovered Henry's and its excellent quality, cheap, old-timey organic goodness. I think I could work it where I only shopped there, getting away from all the crappy processed crapety crap going down in the major chains. Screw conviences. I've got all the time in the world to cook. I made veggie curry tonight. And Henry's helped me. Six different kinds of vegetables for ten bucks? I think I can handle that. Oh, and I can get some wholesome cereal too? Okay. Apples are a dollar a pound? Well, sign me up. Is that basmati rice I see there? Why yes, it is, why don't you take some? Don't mind if I do.

And...I'm officially in love with a food market.

Natalie informed me the other night that in France, it's illegal to use any kind of preservative, hormone, or genetic engineering on food. Therefore, she said, despite eating a lot of "unhealthy" foods, she lost weight. I've been thinking about this and in lieu of my love of Henry's, am going to do my best to watch what kind of crap I am putting in my mouth. Already I've been cooking more and experimenting with the leftovers, and I can claim I feel healthier (how much of that is just psychological is up to you, but I can't knock that either). When I get a kitchen of my own I'm going to take the time to stock up and get the essentials that form the basis of most of my recipes, and only have to do shopping for vegetables and other perishables.

Hehe. I already have this silly vision of me, in my kitchen be-aproned with spatula, dancing around to some techno music and creating glorious piping hot vegetarian dishes. And I will have a cat. And it will go, "meow?" and eat my mushrooms, for which it will receive a smack on the bottom and a "silly cat!" Ah yes. I can see it now.

On another note, like so many blogs of note, I have decided to do a "What I'm Listening To" list in my sidebar. I HIGHLY recommend that Beth Orton album. I'm jamming to it now, and it's fantastic. Schmu-licious.