Wednesday, January 17, 2007

snown'd!

Ah, winter in North Texas. No one knows exactly what is going on, except that it's pretty much the same as most of fall, until one day it gets icy and then two days later it snows.

And all hell breaks lose.

Seriously, there ehn't more than half a milimeter of snow on the ground and school is cancelled. The roads are wet, not snowy, and it stopped flaking about two hours ago.

And yet.

This doesn't make me any more ready to get my ass in gear for the spring semester, let me tell you. Instead I get a whole extra day of sitting around in my bathrobe, pestering my kitties for warmth, and feeling like vacation is the only mentality I'm in the mood for...for the rest of my life.

But I have a lesson at 5 and I need to practice, so maybe I'll shape up.

Still, this place is ridonkulous. I remember walking to school at UW in snow and ice and sleet (uphill, both ways, barefoot) and no one batting an eye. I used to ride my friggin bike in this shit.

Well, my neighbors are having fun, dragging their kid around on a sled attached to a dune buggy.